Skilled Nursing is a referral-based service that can only be provided upon presentation of an authorized recommendation from the client’s physician. Skilled nursing is, as most cases show, required by people who need continuum of medical care services mainly because of any of the following reasons:
- Transitioning from Facility to Home Care
- Has an existing Chronic Health Condition
- Requiring Surgical Aftercare, etc.
A skilled nurse – RN, LPN, or LVN is thereby responsible for a variety of tasks. However, their services are not limited only to performing basic medical care at home. Skilled nurses play an active part in influencing the direction of care, serving as a bridge between the clients and the physician, monitoring the response of the patient to care, providing patient education, and playing the role of supervisor to ensure that other services are provided right amongst other aspects of the home support service.
Our skilled nurses’ tasks and responsibilities include:
- Post-operative care
- Uncontrollable Blood Sugar (Diabetes)
- Unstable Blood Pressure
- Ostomy Care
- Stroke Program
- IV Program
- Wound Care
- Foot Care
- Congestive Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Educating patient and family about diseases management
- Medication Management, etc.
Talk to us about your Skilled Nursing needs today. Contact us.